Trust God to Navigate!


My car came with a navigation system. This was one of my top request when I bought it. I get a bit anxious driving in the city if I don’t know where my destination is exactly. As you know there are lots of obstacles while driving anywhere but especially in down town areas of large cities. In town I get a bit anxious if I am running late due to looking for a location that is unfamiliar. My nav. System takes all the anxiety away. All of it! I totally trust that voice over the speaker without even looking at the map on my screen. She gives play by play and ample warning when to turn and then beeps again in the exact moment I need to turn. Not to mention she tells me when I have arrived. It goes something like this; “Your destination is ahead on the left/right” then when I get exactly there she reassures me by stating “ you have arrived at your destination”. She even signs off with her salutation of “ route guide is now finished”. This is a great invention and I really would not want to go without it.
I went to a place this morning that I had never been, mind you, I live in a small town and could have found it with little effort, however, I typed in the address and did not even have to think to get there. How nice is that! In a brief moment of my thought of “how nice”, I heard in my spirit, “trust me that much”. I felt a little pinch in my heart. I thought I did trust Him that much. But after a few minutes of thought I realized I don't. It is something I have to work at where as with my nav. there is no thinking about it. He wants a close relationship with us at all times not just when we feel lost. I wish I could get to that point and stay there. But to have that kind of unequivocal trust we have to daily give it up to Him. On some days we have to hourly give it up. I am a worrier and know that it is not going to bring me anything good. To know something and not apply it, is lack of trust. He says in his word Philippians 4:6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. If any of us feel anxious and don’t know why, the psalmist says in Psalms 139:23 Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. We may not even know we are anxious but He does. Anxiousness weighs us down according to Proverbs 12:25. I don’t want to be weighed down. I want to trust Him with all things as much as I trust my man made invention that keeps me on the right path. I will practice with Philippians 4:6 and when I think I can’t stop being anxious I will remember the familiar verse Philippians 4:13 I can do everything through him who gives me strength.
He should be our guidance in all things. If we stay connected to Him we will be able to hear Him in our spirit. Then we have to choose to trust and obey.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I love it! He is the best navigator....and oh so trustworthy! :o)

Popular posts from this blog

Working Myself Out of a Job