Our Beloved Layla

Broken Hearts in our Home’ When I first come to consciousness in the early morning hours lying in bed, my mind runs a check on everyone in our household. Husband-closet light on must be getting ready for work still, our oldest son-hmm... oh yea he was in bed before I was, has works at nine, youngest son- over at a friend’s , dog- hogging way to much of the bed, horses- and I stop… I see three in my mind's pasture and a blank spot under a tree. Our beloved Layla is gone. The colorful ball of boundless joy in our pasture. She had more personality than any horse we have ever owned. Her spirit was happy go lucky, non confrontational, pet me, love me, let me in the house kind of horse. The most comical, quirky girl. She could be across forty acres and hear her name, her head would pop up over the grass and she would come bounding across the pasture like a dog when you come in from work. I know if she could have wagged her tail she would have. She was our baby, the most vibrant, our favorite out of the four. Confusion is running in my head, she was healthy one day gone the next. 1 Corinthians 14:33- For God is not a God of confusion but of peace. (I need some of the peace). Rose Kennedy said, It has been said, ‘time heals all wounds, ‘I do not agree. The wound remains. In time, the mind, protecting its sanity, covers them with scar tissue and pain lessens. But it is never gone.” John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. I have lost many animals over my animal loving life. None have hit as hard as this. God is good all the time….. I know this to be true. We miss you Layla, we miss you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Father's Day!