Lesson from God

Today in church I got the perfect picture of how God must react when we show up to be with Him, in prayer, in worship, in praise, anywhere, anytime. There was a lady setting in front of my family, alone with an empty chair beside her. The service had started, the music was over and the pastor had began. A young man sat down beside her, I assume it was her son by the way she acted. She was almost giddy. This lasted all of thirty seconds or less but brought tears to my eyes all the same. She was almost bouncing in her seat, patted his back, hugged his neck, sat with her eyes on him and a wide smile on her face. The last thing she did was pull on the bill of his ball cap. I got a bit tickled at that. I am sure that was a disapproving tug of "a cap in church". I have two teen boys that were setting between my husband and me, so that touched home. Then I thought, oh my gosh! That is how Jesus feels when we show up? He is so excited to see us, he loves on us, he is giddy and correcting all at the same time. It was a very short but powerful lesson for me this morning. he waits for us to show up. If that young man had not shown up, that seat would have been empty for the service time that was intended to be shared with him. I don't want my seat to be empty while He waits for me in silence. Lets fill our seat every day so Jesus can love on us. What a great picture! Thank you Jesus, for that visual aid!

Comments

Anonymous said…
That is beautiful! You are so right too! The Lord just loves when we want to be with Him.

Popular posts from this blog

Working Myself Out of a Job